2rd Shift Service Foreman
Truck Country / Stoops Freightliner-Quality Trailer is the largest Freightliner dealer group in the U.S. today, serving customers at 25 locations in Iowa, Indiana, Ohio, Minnesota and Wisconsin. For nearly 60 years, Truck Country/Stoops has offered new and used medium and heavy-duty trucks, expert service and an extensive parts inventory.
Check out the benefits of working with us:
- Paid Time Off-80 Hours in the First Year!
- Ongoing training by the best in the industry
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision, Short- and Long-Term Disability
- 401K with Employer Match
- $50,000 Life Insurance
- Hours: 3:30 PM12:00 AM.
- Position responsibilities include:
- Supervise 4-6 Technicians and help personnel on their assigned shift. This may include helping Technicians diagnose and road testing equipment as necessary.
- Work with the Service Manager to schedule Technicians into appropriate training programs.
- Mentor newly hired technicians and participate in new employee orientation as needed.
- Responsible for reviewing repair order and technician write up the same day that the work is done. Reviewing of repair orders will be done before leaving for the day. In reviewing the repair orders, both the customers business and our own business plan needs must be met.
- Responsible for keeping all Technicians efficiency 96% or better and while meeting effective labor rate goals and limiting comebacks.
- Interact with our customers as dictated by day to day business while following the principles of the Customer Bill of Rights.
- Must participate in training as offered by the manufactures and directed by the Service Manager.
- Responsible for keeping the shop as well as shop floors clean and free of clutter.
- Responsible for helping department reach its profit goals.
- Communicate with Service Manager on a regular basis regarding personnel issues and matters of employee recognition and retention.
- Responsible for getting appropriate shop tools and equipment repaired as needed when brought to his/her attentionWhat we need from a professional Shop Foreman:
- Must have a valid CDL
- Must be able to supervise diesel technicians
- Must have management skills to manage all aspects of the shop; including technician efficiencies, shop safety, quality of repairs and minimize customer downtime.
- Must be knowledgeable about tractor repairs and procedures
- Must have good computer and organizational skills
- Must be an effective communicator with excellent customer service skills.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer Qualified women, minorities and people with disabilities encouraged to apply.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer – Qualified women, minorities and people with disabilities encouraged to apply.