Assistant Service Manager – Throughput
This position requires someone who is motivated and understands the importance of relationships with their customers as well as their technicians. The Assistant Service Manager is responsible for assisting the Service Manager to maximize the efficiency, revenue and productivity of the truck service business and achieving the highest levels of customer satisfaction. You must be able to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with strong computer skills and be very organized.
- Dispatching all technicians and prioritize jobs based on customer needs and throughput
- Assign employees to specific duties based on skill and training
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism in representing the McCoy Group to employees and customers
- Speak with customers over the phone and in person to gather relevant contacts and repair information needed by the customer.
- Communicate with customers and technicians regarding status of repair.
- Determine the need for preventive maintenance, warranty service or D.O.T. repairs by researching vehicle history and gathering information relayed by technicians.
- Advise customers of necessary repair service including estimates of cost; also, make recommendations to customers for additional preventative maintenance work needed.
- Communicate with parts department to insure necessary parts are obtained promptly and cost effectively.
- Review and close service orders for accuracy and completeness.
- Monitor progress of repairs and notify customers of additional issues and completion of work.
- Monitor technicians stats and efficiency using software reporting.
- Provide courteous and professional service to encourage repeat and referral business.
- Follows all company policies and procedures. Communicate and enforce policies, procedures, and company/dept. goals to employees
- Use Uptime Pro Dashboard and ensure DTNA compliance
- Maintain compliance with 5S/Lean Principles, safety protocols and procedures
- Must be proficient with desktop computer and Microsoft Office programs. (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook)
- Reliable, motivated and driven to deliver quality workmanship and a superior customer experience.
- Value a strong team-based workplace.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and time management skills.
- Flexible, patient and calm when working in a fast-paced environment.
- Perform multiple tasks concurrently in an efficient and organized manner.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Focused on meeting goals and targets.
The Assistant Service Manager will use an Internet based shop management system from a desktop PC and or laptop to type customer, vehicle and repair information.100% of the time this job operates in an office setting within the shop and requires frequent movement throughout the parts and service departments. All company policies must be followed while on company property. (protective eye wear, reflective vests, protective foot wear, etc.)
Sit or stand for prolonged periods of time.
Frequent use of keyboard, mouse or laptop.
Climbing in and out of vehicles.
Occasional stooping and bending.
Ability to lift/push/pull up to 25 lbs.
Normal range of hearing and vision.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday 6:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. This position would require working Saturday and or Sunday on occasion. Pay is based on salary wage, paid weekly. Compensation includes healthcare insurance and a quarterly bonus.
Required Education and Experience:
High School diploma or equivalent. Associates degree or higher preferred.
Minimum 5 years of retail Truck Service Customer Relations and or Customer Service.
Minimum 5 years Heavy-Duty Truck Equipment and/or Body Shop Technician management experience
Valid driver’s license with good standing MVR.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer Qualified women, minorities and people with disabilities encouraged to apply.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer – Qualified women, minorities and people with disabilities encouraged to apply.