Diesel Technicians / Diesel Mechanics
Mid-Level - Experienced Techs NEEDED !
HR at Call Now or 4735 for more information
Our team is looking for mid level - experienced Diesel Technicians / Diesel Mechanics to keep up our level of commitment to safety and customer service. Join our dedicated fleet team in maintaining trucks for the premier beverage distributor in the Long Island area! Enjoy a world class private fleet shop environment with extensive training & advancement opportunities. The dedicated fleet team ensures all techs become familiar with the equipment; no fixing repairs that were completed elsewhere, etc. From Class 8 Tractors, Trailers, Lift-gates, to passenger cars and forklifts we pride ourselves on making as many in house repairs as possible. This is a fabulous opportunity for a knowledgeable, hardworking Diesel Technician / Diesel Mechanic to apply his or her skills in a company that offers a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and career growth.
Diesel Technician - Diesel Mechanic ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Use of mobile technology to record and manage all repairs.
- Perform PMI's on tractors, trailers and other fleet equipment.
- Perform all types of repairs including but not limited to; engine, brakes, drive train, electrical, and A/C repairs.
- Must be able to work independently, safely, and assist other Techs when needed.
- Standard technician owned tools are required.
- Major shop tools and diagnostic equipment is provided
Diesel Technician - Diesel Mechanic EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
One year certificate from college or technical school, with a minimum of two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Aluminum welding experience a plus.
Diesel Technician - Diesel Mechanic CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Valid driver's license – required.
- CDL License a plus or must be able to obtain
- VEHICARE will pay for CDL exam fees as soon as CDL is obtained.
- ASE Certifications in PMI and Brakes is a plus
Clarke is an established National Fleet Maintenance Company that has been in business for over 52 years. We offer a complete benefits package including Health Insurance, Healthcare Savings Account, Paid Holidays & Vacation, and a great 401K plan. We have extensive web-based & OEM training opportunities, Career Advancement and We promote a clean & safe environment in a friendly atmosphere. Our goal to be the Employer of choice in every market we serve. Come join our team!
Clarke Power is an EO employer- Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.