Compensation and Benefits
- $12-$35.00 per hour based on assessed experience and talent level. * See footnote
- Medical and Dental
- 401k Plan
- Paid Time Off and Vacation
- Paid Training
- Family Owned and Operated Company
- Long Term Job Security
- Health and Wellness
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Discounts on Products and Services
Technician Specific Benefits
- Shop equipped with the newest technology and equipment
- Uniforms provided
- Discounts on products and services
- Work environment OSHA certified to current Air Quality Standards
- Highly productive shop
- Career advancement opportunities, promote from within
- ASE and state inspection certification reimbursement and all training expenses paid to further your career
- Continued education, manufacturer hands on and web based training
- Clean and professional work environment
Are you a passionate, skilled, and dedicated individual who is looking for the opportunity to work at West Michigan International? We strongly encourage you to apply to our Diesel Technician position.
At West Michigan International, you can take the driver’s seat with your income and career. We are looking for an experienced Diesel Technician to join our team. We realize the value of experience and maintenance in our field. That’s why we offer competitive base pay, incentive plans for individual and team performance, and opportunities for future career growth and earning potential!
As a leader with the utmost integrity in the transportation industry, we strive to develop long-term partnerships and provide personalized business solutions to our customers through our committed team of knowledgeable and courteous professionals. By believing and practicing these values, we create a sense of pride, stability and accomplishment in our work.
- Provide technical expertise and guidance to all levels of technicians
- Sign off on work of other technicians
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and repair: break, air systems, electrical, HVAC, drive train and transmission, engine and exhaust, suspension and steering issues
- Engage with external manufacturers and warranty contacts to maximize reimbursement of services
- Receive annual training from Navistar & Cummins
- 3-5 years minimum experience
- CDL, required
- Obtain and maintain State of Michigan Gasoline and Diesel Engine Repair
- Master State Certification, Master ASE Certification T2-T8 and L2
- 609 Certification
- DOT Card
*Compensation is based on assessed experience and talent level.
For the Entry Level $12-$16
For Mid-Level Tech $15-$21
For Experienced A-Level Tech $20-$35
For more information apply below or at Call Now .
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.