As true ambassadors, our operators serve as the daily face of Keolis and the RTC. Many times they are the only person a passenger will ever see or talk to personally. Reporting to our team of supervisors, they are responsible for delivering a safe, courteous, and on-time service to RTC€™s riders. Their focus is to provide every passenger with a safe and happy experience.
- Ensure safe on-road operations while maintaining on-time performance
- Familiarity with assigned routing and detours.
- Awareness of ADA Policies and Procedures.
- Understanding of ADA compliance.
- Proper operation of all wheelchair lifts, for each model bus.
- Collect the prescribed fares and notify dispatch of any refusal to pay or any other type of fare evasion or fraud.
- Providing information to passengers.
- Welcome and help passengers.
- Effectively communicate with passengers especially in case of service disruptions.
- Perform pre and post trip inspections and enter all defects into the ZONAR system.
- Follow exact deadhead routing and their assigned revenue service routes.
- Depart the start of each route exactly on-time and never operate ahead of schedule.
- Report any bunching of buses or other problems that may disrupt scheduled service.
- Report immediately to dispatch any vehicular accident or passenger incident and follow the incident and accident reporting procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be minimum 21 years of age
- Must have a valid driver€™s license
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a NV CDL class B license with passenger endorsement
- Must have clean driving record €“ DMV printout required for the last 10 years
- Must have stable work history
- Must have excellent customer service skills
- Must have positive attitude and enjoy working with the general public
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule that may include nights, weekends and holidays
EEO Employer/Drug Free Environment
Please note: Job duties or specific job title could vary; where covered by a collective bargaining agreement the provisions of that agreement may prevail.
For Los Angeles positions:
Keolis will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the LA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance
KEOLIS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER