The General Manager, working under the direction of the regional SVP for Operations or their designee, will provide overall leadership and management for their operation, facilities and administration of the Contract. The General Manager will represent KTA to the client and community, ensuring that high quality services are provided and customer expectations are exceeded. The General Manager establishes and maintains strong, positive relationships with community and municipality groups and leaders to create a KTA presence within the city, county or region. At all times, the General Manager will demonstrate commitment to the organizationsƒƒ‚ƒƒƒ‚‚‚ƒ‚ƒ‚‚€ƒƒƒ‚‚‚ƒ‚ƒ‚‚™ mission and core values, with heavy emphasis on safety, service quality, efficiency, and economic performance.
- Lead by example in promoting and ensuring a strong safety culture is maintained and responsible for taking immediate action to mitigate risks and ensure the safety and security of employees and customers.
- Provides leadership, strategic planning, vision and direction to the operationƒƒ‚ƒƒƒ‚‚‚ƒ‚ƒ‚‚€ƒƒƒ‚‚‚ƒ‚ƒ‚‚™s management team ensuring, quality performance of daily operations and customer service.
- Provides leadership in the promotion of positive, respectful employee and labor relations.
- Responsible for staff professional development, including development of performance plans and conducting annual performance appraisals. Makes hiring, termination, and disciplinary recommendations for subordinate staff.
- Responsible for Contract compliance including timely submission of reports, deliverables and notifications.
- Establishes, analyzes and interprets key performance indicators and takes appropriate action in a timely manner. Ensures data collection/reporting procedures are followed.
- Develops an annual operating and capital budget and monitors compliance of monthly and annual financial targets. Uses operational performance indicators to influence financial results on a daily basis.
- Schedules staff to ensure all required functions are met in a timely manner.
- Ensures support of and coordination with the clientƒƒ‚ƒƒƒ‚‚‚ƒ‚ƒ‚‚€ƒƒƒ‚‚‚ƒ‚ƒ‚‚™s service planning efforts. Works with client to improve paratransit scheduling and recommends adjustments based on service demands and/or disruptions.
- Manages and provides oversight to rostering, the driver bidding process, and verifying operator scheduling efficiency and legal compliance.
- Possesses a fiduciary responsibility for the proper management of KTA and client assets.
- Creates and maintains a strong relationships between the client, community and KTA. Attends all client meetings, including citizen advisory group meetings, providing support and responses as may be requested during the meetings.
- Proactively establishes and maintains relationships between KTA, the corporate office and the client, their various boards, committees and agencies. Meets routinely with client to report on quality of service, operational/maintenance matters, labor relations, service issues, and matters of contract administration.
- Ensures security and maintenance of company and contractual assets (vehicles, facilities, inventories, tools, and equipment) and provides maintenance oversight of revenue and non-revenue vehicles. Facility maintenance may also require oversight attention depending on the contractual obligations.
- Responsible for compliance of all company policies and local, state, and federal laws and regulation (EPA, OSHA, DOT, ADA, and EEOC).
- Responsible for the development and implementation of operational strategies for continuous performance improvement, including the prompt resolution of any operational problems and/or passenger complaints.
- May oversee labor relations, union procedures and negotiations depending on the contract.
- Assists the corporate office with contract procurement, operational analysis, and price proposals.
- Follows agency policies regarding no shows and cancellations.
- Ensures emphasis is placed on contract renewal from day one of contract operations by continuously focusing on value-added services to the client.
- Stays abreast of industry trends, including legislative updates and the resulting implications on the client, as well as new and emerging technologies which will shape the future of public transit.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to quickly become an expert in the operating contract, collective bargaining agreement, and P&L. Intimate understanding of how operational ratios/performance indicators translate into safety excellence, financial performance, contract compliance, and customer satisfaction.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills. This includes public-speaking skills.
- Must demonstrate excellent organizational skills.
- Must demonstrate a high level of customer service commitment.
- Experienced in building teamwork and consensus among diverse groups.
- Successful track record in meeting critical deadlines and achieving organizational objectives.
- Must be knowledgeable in the following: transit operations management, maintenance programming, safety and training programming, ADA, DMV & DOT requirements, Drug and Alcohol Awareness, basic laws, ordinances and regulations underlying the transit operation.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and have a working knowledge of Maintenance Software.
- Experience with paratransit scheduling software, Trapeze PASS, IVR systems, MDTs, and center/customer service experience desirable.
- A Bachelorƒƒ‚ƒƒƒ‚‚‚ƒ‚ƒ‚‚€ƒƒƒ‚‚‚ƒ‚ƒ‚‚™s degree in business, economics, information technology, public policy, transportation planning, or a related field from an accredited college or university is required, but may be substituted with five additional years of public transit experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years of management experience.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and background check.
- Must be able to pass random drug testing for safety sensitive positions.
Please note: Job duties or specific job title could vary; where covered by a collective bargaining agreement the provisions of that agreement may prevail.
For Los Angeles positions:
Keolis will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the LA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance
KEOLIS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER