We are seeking a Route Manager to join our Operations team in Brampton and oversee our waste and recycling collection Drivers. This is an excellent opportunity for individuals with strong leadership abilities who thrive in fast-paced, challenging environments and are ready to jump start their management career!
As a RM, no two days are the same. Our Operations team is responsible for the day-to-day coaching, leadership & management of our hard-working Driver group, which includes organizing and directing activities to ensure safe and timely collection of materials from our customer sites.
This job has supervisory responsibilities for Drivers assigned to the position. This includes responsibility for employee performance reviews and feedback, scheduling time off, employee grievances or complaints, pay changes and job responsibilities.
Interested? Keep reading…
What You’ll Be Doing
- Providing effective leadership and coaching to employees, to meet efficiency, service and safety goals.
- Planning, communicating and monitoring completion of daily route assignments to ensure customers are serviced appropriately.
- Monitoring productivity, service and safety targets for each route and driver, reviewing demand & volume for routes and working with Dispatch on re-routes.
- Establishing collaborative relations with union and working with functional groups to resolve employee and labour relations issues.
- Partnering with our Maintenance team to coordinate daily operational needs.
- Managing end-of-day check-in process, capturing and communicating key service, safety and equipment concerns.
- Completing monthly in-cab Observational Assessments of Drivers. Delivering coaching and retraining.
What You Need
- High School Diploma (or GED/High School Equivalency) and 4 years Supervisory experience, where you were leading and coaching a team.
- Enthusiasm and drive to achieve goals and challenge the status quo.
- Strong verbal communication and demonstrated leadership skills; ability to coach, mentor and train employees.
- Keen problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Valid G class drivers licence.
- Working knowledge of unionized environments would be considered an asset.
- Experience overseeing safety and managing health & safety responsibilities would be considered an asset.
What You Get!
Our Route Managers are entitled to a competitive base salary, an attractive quarterly bonus package and excellent options for self-directed benefits coverage. As a WM employee, you are eligible for our discounted stock purchase price and participation in our contribution/matching RRSP program. That’s like free money!
As North America’s largest residential recycler, WM is driven by a commitment to excellence and leadership. We provide real opportunities for career growth while making a difference in the communities we serve.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, go ahead and take a moment to complete your application. Don’t forget to include a resume so we can see all the experience and accomplishments you have under your belt.
If we like what we see, we will invite you to complete a pre-screening video interview, so be prepared to show off your skills!
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran