Alside, a division of Associated Materials Incorporated (“AMI”), is a recognized leader in the home improvement industry. Founded in 1947, Alside is a manufacturer and distributor of vinyl siding and accessories, vinyl windows and patio doors, and fencing and railing products for the residential and commercial remodeling and new construction markets. Alside products are distributed to licensed professional remodeling contractors and home builders through our network of over 100 Supply Centers and also through select independent distributors across the U.S. and Canada. We are proud to be a charter member of the Vinyl Siding Institute, the American Association of Architects, the National Association of Home Builders, and the National Association of the Remodeling Industry.
The individual in this position will be responsible for operating a CDL truck and required fleet vehicles, truck mounted forklifts and warehouse forklifts. Components of this position include working with warehouse staff along with following DOT and company safety policies. Local deliveries and will be home daily.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES DRIVER-WAREHOUSE EXECUTION:
- Ensures delivery vehicles and equipment is operated safely and efficiently
- Maintain accurate delivery logs and follows DOT regulations and company safety polices
- Completes required paperwork and provides to the appropriate department
- Responsible for accurate material handling practices to ensure customer satisfaction
- Assists in day to day functions of warehouse execution while following 5S practices
- Operate in a safe manner and maintain a safe work environment
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES DELIVERY:
- Ensures all daily check lists and paperwork is completed to maintain clean and safe delivery vehicles/equipment
- Monitoring and ensuring all load securement policies are being followed for safe and accurate deliveries on site
- Communicating with both supply center staff and customers to provide on time delivery
- Provide industry leading customer service when conducting both residential and commercial job site deliveries
- Lift or move up to 100 lbs.
- Standing frequently
- Walking frequently
- Talking frequently
- Hearing frequently
- Usage of hands and fingers
- Reaching with hands and arms
- Stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling occasionally
- Ability to operate material handling equipment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Commercial Driver’s License - Class A
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Delivery Experience
- Basic Warehouse/Wholesale Operations
- Safety policies and processes
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Recruiters: Please note that Associated Materials, Alside and any of its affiliated companies does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or offers of recruiting service associated with any published or unpublished employment opportunities. Any unsolicited information sent to AMI or any of its employees will be considered as unencumbered and free from any fee or charge whatsoever. Only members of our Human Resources Team have authority to engage or authorize recruiting services. Any questions regarding recruiting services of any kind must be sent to jobs at associatedmaterials dot com