dieseljobs.com is committed to protecting the privacy of our users, and strives to provide a safe, secure user experience. This Privacy Statement sets forth the online data collection and usage policies and practices that apply to this website.
By registering or by using this website, you explicitly accept, without limitation or qualification, the collection, use and transfer of the personal information provided by you in the manner described in this Statement. Please read this Statement carefully as it affects your rights and liabilities under law. If you disagree with the way we collect and process personal information collected on the website, please do not use it.
We appreciate the trust you place in dieseljobs.com and we are committed to respecting your privacy and the security of your personal information.
Scope of this Policy
This policy applies to dieseljobs.com. It is dieseljobs.com policy to comply with data protection legislation. This regulates the processing of information relating to you and grants you various rights in respect of your personal data.
Our website contains links to other web sites over which we have no control. dieseljobs.com is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of other websites to which you choose to link from this website. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of those other websites so you can understand how they collect, use and share your information.
We also do not control the data use practices of either (a) employers or others who may access your information on this site, or (b) third parties with whom we work. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and opt-out choices of those third parties so you can understand how they collect, use and share your information.
Information We Collect and Retain
You do not have to give us any personal information in order to view the content portions of our website. We collect the following general types of information about you when you visit our Website: personal information, demographic information, behavioral information, and indirect information. Sometimes we collect combinations of all these types of information. In each case, it is indicated on the website whether any personal or demographic data must be provided to use the requested service or not.
Personal information is information that can be used to identify you, or any other individual to whom the information may relate, personally. We do not collect personal information unless you choose to provide it to us. Some examples of personal information that we collect in some areas of our website, depending on the services you use and local law, are:
- Your name
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Credit card number
- Contact information
- Billing information
- Information about third parties, such as references or contacts, that you provide to us if you have their express written consent to do so.
Demographic information is information that is not unique to you in the sense that it refers to selected population characteristics, such as your ZIP code or postal code, age, preferences, gender, race or ethnicity, occupation, career history, interests and favorites.
We also collect behavioral information regarding how you use our website and mobile applications, the areas of our site that you visit, what services you access, and information about your computer hardware and software including your IP address, geolocation, browser and operating system type, domain names, access times and referring Web site addresses. This information is necessary for analyzing the use of resources, troubleshooting problems, preventing fraud, and improving our services.
In addition, dieseljobs.com may collect indirect information about you when you use certain third party services on our website. For example if you provide a title of 'Mrs.' we will assume you are female.
How Information is Used
We use the information we gather on the web site for the purposes of providing our services, responding to any queries you may have, operating and improving the web site, fostering a positive user experience and delivering the products and services that we offer to job-seekers and employers. The information we gather on the dieseljobs.com website may be shared with dieseljobs.com partners in order to deliver these products and services.
By registering with dieseljobs.com, by managing your profile, or opting in when presented with choices, you have consented for us to use your information, subject to local law, in the following ways:
- to allow you to create an account;
- to create a profile for you based on information that you have provided to us;
- to contact you about dieseljobs.com website updates, informational and service-related communications, including important security updates;
- to provide you additional communications, information, and promotions such as newsletters and career advice;
- to inform you of other products or services available from dieseljobs.com;
- to enable you to provide feedback, to contact us and for us to respond to you;
- to conduct surveys, questionnaires, promotions and contests, and to provide the results thereof such as success stories and contest winners;
- to provide information about you and your potential interest in job postings to employer customers;
- to provide products and services to employer customers to complete the recruitment and hiring process;
- to provide products and services that enable users to network, post information on bulletin boards, view and compare profiles, and career background and experience;
- to generate internal reports about the use of our site; and
- to provide job sharing features.
While dieseljobs.com takes measures to safeguard your information from unauthorized access or inappropriate use by third parties, dieseljobs.com does not control these third parties and we are not responsible for their use of information you post or otherwise make available in public areas of the dieseljobs.com. Accordingly, you should ensure that you do not post sensitive information, including personality profiles, to the dieseljobs.com website.
Disclosure of Information to Others
We disclose to third parties within your country and abroad your personal information, combined personal, demographic, behavioral or indirect information, as set forth below:
1. We may share your information with third parties who help us in the delivery of our own products and services to you. We disclose information to companies and individuals we employ to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include hosting our web servers, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. These companies and individuals may be located in a country whose data protection legislation is different from your country, and they will have access to your personal information as necessary to perform their functions, but they may not share that information with any other third party or use that data for any other purpose. We will remain responsible for any information shared in this way.
2. We may disclose your contact information to select third parties such as employers, recruiters, data aggregators, marketers or others for the purpose of sending you e-mail or otherwise communicating with you. We use data we have about you (such as the interests and preferences you have expressed) to determine whether you might be interested in the opportunities, products or services of a particular third party. We also share aggregated anonymous information about visitors to the website with dieseljobs.com clients, partners, other website visitors, and other third parties so that they can understand the kinds of visitors to the website and how those visitors use the website. We may also aggregate on an anonymous basis data regarding job qualifications, schooling, age, experience level or other information relevant to the job search or competition among job seekers for any such job. Such aggregated data does not identify users individually, and may be made available to employers or fellow job seekers or community members.
3. We disclose information if legally required to do so, or at our discretion pursuant to a request from a governmental entity or if we believe in good faith after considering your privacy interests and other factors that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process; (b) protect our rights or property or our affiliated companies; (c) prevent a crime or protect national security; or (d) protect the personal safety of users or the public. Because dieseljobs.com LLC is a US company and information collected on our website is stored in whole or in part in the United States, your information may become subject to U.S. law.
4. We may disclose and transfer such information to a third party who acquires any or all of dieseljobs.com's business units, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation or purchase of all or a substantial portion of our assets. In addition, in the event dieseljobs.com becomes the subject of an insolvency proceeding, whether voluntary or involuntary, dieseljobs.com or its liquidator, administrator, receiver or administrative receiver may sell, license or otherwise dispose of such information in a transaction approved by the court. You will be notified of the sale of all or a substantial portion of our business to a third party by email or through a prominent notice posted on the Sites. Again, in each of these situations, the recipients of your data may potentially be located in any country in the world. If you are a resident in any EU member state, for example, you must be aware that the EU authorities do not generally consider that the regulations of non-EU countries ensure an adequate or equivalent level of protection as compared to the EU data protection regulations.
An Important Note about Your Resume
When you create or post a resume to the website, that resume is stored in our resume database in the United States. If you apply online to a job, your resume will be transferred to the relevant employer, who may retain a copy of your resume or distribute it to third parties. We cannot control their use or retention of your resume information.
If you provide us with details of a reference, it is your responsibility to ensure that the person is aware that you have forwarded his/her details and has consented in writing for you to do so.
dieseljobs.com has a relationship with Kimmel & Associates, an executive search firm, and your information may be shared with Kimmel & Associates. Your information will be held in confidence and will not be disclosed to any other companies without prior consent. For additional information about Kimmel & Associates, you can visit their website at kimmel.com.
Your Choices About Your Information
Because managing your career is a life-long process, we retain all the information we gather about you in an effort to make your repeat use with us more efficient, practical and relevant until you change or remove your personal data as described below. You may have access to, review, correct, update, change or delete your account profile information or resume at any time. Simply log into your account, go to your profile or resume, and make the necessary changes. You may delete your resume from dieseljobs.com's online database at any time by accessing your account. Before providing you with a copy of your personal information or correcting, updating or deleting such information, we reserve the right to verify and authenticate your identity and the personal information to which you have requested access. Access to or correction, updating or deletion of your personal information may be denied or limited by dieseljobs.com if it would violate another person's rights and/or as otherwise permitted by applicable law.
We will respond to information access requests within 30 days of receipt. If we require additional time to provide access to your information, we will acknowledge receipt of your request within 30 days and promptly supplement our response within the time period required by applicable law. We will respond to information access requests within 30 days of receipt. If we require additional time to provide access to your information, we will acknowledge receipt of your request within 30 days and promptly supplement our response within the time period required by applicable law.
If you wish to delete or close your account or account profile information altogether, please contact us at email@example.com. An email will be sent to you to confirm that your personal information has been deleted (save for an archival copy which is not accessible by you or third parties on the Internet). The archival copy is retained only for as long as dieseljobs.com reasonably considers necessary for audit and record purposes. We will also retain logs, demographic, indirect, and statistical information that may relate to you but do not identify you personally. If your personal information was previously accessed by others using our websites, we are not able to delete the information or copies thereof from their systems.
If you do not log into your account for a significant period of time, it will expire and be scheduled for deletion. Our current expiration and deletion period is 12 months; we may extend or reduce this period in order to adjust to changing hiring patterns. If we change the period, we will update this notice. You will, always receive an email from us before we delete your resume, and you always have the ability to delete your resume at any time by logging into your account. Deletion of expired accounts occurs on a periodic basis and includes the deletion of all applicable account data including resumes and contact information.
If you previously opted to receive newsletters, commercial e-mails or other communications from dieseljobs.com or third parties, but subsequently change your mind, you may opt-out by editing your account profile. If you previously opted not to receive such communications, you may later opt-in by editing your account profile.
You are responsible for ensuring that your login credentials (your username and password) are kept confidential.
dieseljobs.com has implemented technical and organizational measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration or disclosure. Notwithstanding such measures, the Internet is an open system and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat those measures or use your personal information for improper purposes. Moreover, one of our primary purposes is to provide you with a platform to broadcast the information in your resume and profile widely in order to maximize your career opportunities. Such an environment does present a risk that unauthorized third parties will view this data. Further, your resume should not contain any sensitive data that you would not want made public. You should be aware that resumes may be monitored by your current employer.
When you place an order online at dieseljobs.com, your credit card information is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer ("SSL") protocol. SSL makes it difficult for your credit card information to be intercepted or stolen while being transmitted. dieseljobs.com uses a service company to process its credit card transactions. For further information on this company's privacy and security practices.
Privacy of Children
dieseljobs.com is not intended for, nor do we knowingly collect information from, children under the age of 13.
Changes to Privacy Statement
If we decide to materially change the substance of this Privacy Statement, we will, where required, contact you via the email address that you maintain in your profile. We will also post those changes through a prominent notice on the web site so that you will always know what information we gather and how we might use that information.
Legal and Contact Information
Your data is submitted to ConstructionJobs.com and is hosted and stored in a database on servers situated in the United States. If, at any time, you have questions or concerns about this Privacy Statement or believe that we have not adhered to this Privacy Statement, please feel free to contact us online using firstname.lastname@example.org. We will use reasonable efforts to answer promptly your question or resolve your problem.
Your California Rights
A California resident who has provided personal information to a business with whom he/she has established a business relationship for personal, family, or household purposes ("California customer") is entitled to request information about whether the business has disclosed personal information to any third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes. In general, if the business has made such a disclosure of personal information, upon receipt of a request by a California customer, the business is required to provide a list of all third parties to whom personal information was disclosed in the preceding calendar year, as well as a list of the categories of personal information that were disclosed.
California customers may request further information about our compliance with this law by contacting us online at email@example.com. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year, and we are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through this e-mail address.
Cookies: dieseljobs.com uses "cookies" to help personalize and maximize your online experience and time online.
A cookie is a text file that is either stored in your computer's memory temporarily (a "session" cookie) or placed on your hard drive (a "persistent" cookie) by a Web page server. Cookies are not used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to your computer and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
We predominately use "session" cookies, which are not permanently stored on your hard drive. Session cookies expire after two hours of inactivity or when you close your browser. When you carry out a job search or apply online a large amount of data is processed by our system and transferred through each page of the search or application process. This information includes your job search criteria, data that identifies your resume, covering letter, the job you are applying for, your right to work in the relevant country and the results of any questionnaire you have completed as part of the online application process as well as demographic information that is not unique to you. "Session" cookies allow us to keep track of this data until you have completed your search or application
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies at any time by modifying your browser settings. If you choose to decline cookies, however, that may hinder performance and negatively impact your experience on the web site.
Thank you for using dieseljobs.com.
Update effective 16 May 2016